ACH "Mazola 100% PURE Scavenger Hunt Contest"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE ACH FOOD COMPANIES, INC. “Mazola 100% PURE Scavenger Hunt Contest” (THE “Contest”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “Contest Rules”).
- ELIGIBILITY.To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of Canada; and
- be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry.
Employees, representatives or agents of ACH Food Companies, Inc. (“ACH”, or the "Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 11th, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 24th, 2019 (the "Contest Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further Entries (as defined below) shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
ENTRIES. In order to enter the Contest, ,the contestant must first fully complete the sign up for a Make Good profile entry form located at www.makegood.ca/mazola-100-percent-pure, www.bienfaire.ca/mazola-100-percent-pure (the “Contest Website”), including all of the required information. If the contestant already has an existing profile on the Contest Website, they can sign into their existing profile. Once a profile has been created, the contestant must locate and click on the nutritious food icons hidden throughout the Contest Website. Each “week” of the Contest, there will be five unique icons available to be found that week. Once the first week concludes, those 5 icons will be removed, and 5 new icons will be placed throughout the Contest Website. For each icon found, the contestant will be awarded one contest entry (an “Entry”). Each contestant will be eligible to receive up to 10 Contest Entries throughout the Contest Period and up to 5 Entries per Contest “week”. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, a “week” will commence on Monday at 12:00 a.m. ET and will end on the following Sunday of the Contest Period at 11:59:59 p.m.. ET
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To receive five Entries into the Contest draw without entering on the Contest Website, mail in a minimum 50 word, hand written, original essay telling us “What is your favourite healthy recipe on the MakeGood.ca website and why” and including your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to “Mazola 100% Pure Contest” 1384 Cornwall Road, Oakville Ontario, L6J 7W5. Mail-in entries must be post-marked by February 24th, 2019 and received by March 1st, 2019 at noon ET. Limit of one entry per outer envelope and limit of one entry per Contest ‘week’. Entries received between February 24th and March 1st, 2019 will be considered received during the second week.
- • Each contestant is limited to 10 Entries total or 5 Entries per week, regardless of the method of entry. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to create multiple profiles and submit more than 10 Entries into the Contest or more than 5 Entries per week by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. For purposes of this Contest, an on-line entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. The Contest Website's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Contest Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
(a) All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Online Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 24th, 2019 to be entered in the Contest draw. Mail in Entries must be received by March 1st, 2019 at noon ET to be entered in the Contest draw. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected to receive a Secondary Prize or the Grand Prize.
- (b) Online Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a selected entrant entered online, he/she may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won and one (1) Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”). The one (1) Grand Prize consists of:
- One (1) $1500 grocery gift card to be used at the Loblaws or Wal-Mart national grocery store chain of the Grand Prize Winner’s choice.
- The Grand Prize has a value of one thousand five hundred Canadian dollars (CAD $1500).
- The Sponsor and/or Sponsor representatives will contact the Grand Prize Winner to coordinate the prizing details once the potential Grand Prize Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Grand Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
- The selection of the preferred grocery store chain at which the grocery gift card will be redeemable will be selected by the Grand Prize Winner when the Grand Prize Winner is contacted to coordinate the prizing details.
- The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of their issuer. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or an element thereof, with a prize or element thereof of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
- Secondary Prizes. There will be fifteen (15) weekly prizes (the “Weekly Prizes”) available to be won (five (5) for each “week” of the Contest Period) and fifteen (15) Weekly Prize winners (the “Weekly Prize Winners”). The fifteen (15) Weekly Prizes each consist of:
- There will be ten (10) Secondary prizes in total (the “Secondary Prizes”) available to be won (five (5) winners for each “week” of the Contest Period) and ten (10) Secondary Prize winners (the “Secondary Prize Winners”). The ten (10) Secondary Prizes each consist of:
- The ten (10) Secondary Prizes each have a value of two hundred and fifty Canadian dollars (CAD $250).
- The Sponsor and/or Sponsor representatives will contact the Secondary Prize Winners to coordinate the prizing details once the ten (10) potential Secondary Prize Winners have been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Secondary Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
- The selection of the preferred grocery store chain at which the grocery gift card will be redeemable will be selected by each Secondary Prize Winner when the Secondary Prize Winner is contacted to coordinate the prizing details.
- The Secondary Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of their issuer. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or an element thereof, with a prize or element thereof of equal or greater value if a Secondary Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
- WINNER SELECTION.
The one (1) Grand Prize Winner and ten (10) Secondary Prize Winners shall be selected as follows:
- There will be eleven (11) draws as follows:
- One (1) Grand Prize Draw. On March 4th, 2019 in Oakville, Ontario at 2:00 p.m. ET, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The selected entrant in the random draw will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of be selected as the Grand Prize winner will depend on the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Contest Period.
- Secondary Prize Draws will be held on March 4th 2019 in Oakville, Ontario at 2:10 p.m. ET. The Secondary Prize random draws will select five (5) potential Secondary Prize winners from each of the two (2) Contest weeks, totalling ten (10) separate entrants. Each of the selected entrants in the random draw shall be eligible to win one (1) of the ten (10) Secondary Prizes. The odds of winning a Secondary Prize are dependent on the number of eligible Entries received during each of the Contest weeks.
Limit of one Secondary Prize per person. Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
- • THE SELECTED ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL NO LATER THAN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS AFTER THE DRAW AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. If a selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Grand Prize or Secondary Prizes and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- RELEASE. The selected entrant will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms his/her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, and/or licensees, and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any element of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within ten (10) business days of notification or the selected entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT.By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any element of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Grand Prize or Secondary Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, postage-due, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, mobile device, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, mobile device, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, any network, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or the Contest Website.
- CONDUCT.By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting the potential winners; (ii) if he/she is the winner grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion (subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcool, des course et des jeux in Quebec), to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW.These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. For residents of Quebec: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY.In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the English version of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, the French version of these Contest Rules, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the English version of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized.