- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- To taste salt and black fine grind pepper
- 1/4 cup Mazola® RightBlend® Oil
- OR Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, cubed
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 large lettuce leaves such as leaf lettuce OR butter lettuce, optional
Simple, easy and refreshing, this classic salad can be found throughout latin America and the Caribbean. Use only the freshest ingredients for an everyday meal favourite.
Combine vinegar, salt and pepper in a large non-metallic bowl. Drizzle oil into vinegar while stirring with a whisk. Add tomato, avocado and onion; stir gently to coat.
Serve immediately or arrange lettuce leaves on a serving plate and top with tomato avocado mixture.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!