- Thai Chile Peanut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar OR ponzu
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Toasted sesame seeds
Crisp and clean, this salad is a winner!
Thai Chile Peanut Sauce: Stir brown sugar, corn starch and crushed red pepper together in a small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
Cook over medium heat; stirring occasionally. Heat until mixture boils for 1 full minute. Remove from heat; cool.
Assemble Salad: Place Napa cabbage, celery, cucumber and shrimp in a large bowl. Toss with 2/3 cup Thai Chile Peanut Sauce. Squeeze lime juice over top and toss again. Divide evenly between 4 salad plates; sprinkle with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with additional Thai Chile Peanut Sauce.
Cover and store any remaining Thai Chile Peanut Sauce Sauce in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!