- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chipotle thick and chunky salsa, OR any flavor
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Bring this fresh easy salad to any summer barbecue!
Cook rice according to package directions.
Combine salsa and corn oil in large serving bowl; whisk together to blend. Stir in warm rice, mix well.
Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, carrot, jicama, green onion and hot sauce. Mix well.
Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Stir in avocado and cilantro and serve immediately.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!