- 7-1/2 ounces precooked smoked sausage ring
- As needed, Mazola® Original Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine OR water
Tasty sausage with hashbrown potatoes, covered in a wine sauce. This makes a quick weeknight supper.
Cut sausage lengthwise into quarters, then cut quarters crosswise into slices (about ¼ to ½ inch or 6mm to 1cm in size).
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and spray with cooking spray. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of pot. Put sausage in pot and return pot to stovetop.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except the wine. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
Stir in wine and cook for 10 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender, scraping bottom of pan several times to dislodge any browned bits. Spoon extra juice over meat and vegetables.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!