- 3 pounds/1.35 kg beef chuck roast (excess fat trimmed)
- 1/4 cup steak seasoning
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 large OR 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 pounds red skin OR Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon leaf thyme
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
Who can resist the classic flavours of a roast beef with gravy on a chilly night?
Sprinkle meat with seasoning. Heat corn oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown meat on all sides; place in slow cooker or Dutch oven.
Sauté onions with remaining pan drippings in skillet then add to meat. Add carrots, thyme, bay leaves and potatoes to items in slow cooker or Dutch oven. Stir Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and corn starch together then pour over other ingredients.
Cover with lid and heat in slow cooker on high or in 325°F oven for 5 to 6 hours or until meat is very tender and pulls apart easily.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!