- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 4 links (3 ounces each) Italian sausage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 9 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Italian Blend shredded cheese OR mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
Perfect for brunches; cheesy, flavourful and loaded with vegetables.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Tear Italian loaf into 1-inch pieces. Place on baking sheet. Bake bread for 8 to 10 minutes to dry out. Remove from oven; set aside to cool completely.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and broccoli and cook 5 minutes. Stir in bell peppers and continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from heat.
Whisk milk, cream, eggs, salt and spices in a very large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in vegetable mixture and bread. Fold in Italian cheese blend and the spinach. Pour mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and firm in the center. Remove from oven; let sit 10 minutes before serving. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe Note: Strata can be prepared the night before, covered and refrigerated. To allow strata to come to room temperature before baking, remove baking dish from refrigerator thirty minutes prior to placing it in oven.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!