- 8 slices Sandwich Rye Bread (see link to recipe)
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 12 ounces (340 g) thinly sliced turkey
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw OR well drained sauerkraut
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup 1000 Island salad dressing
A Rachel sandwich is the turkey version of the popular Reuben sandwich.
Generously butter 1 side of each slice of bread. On the unbuttered side of 4 slices, layer turkey, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and 1000 Island dressing. Top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side out.
Heat grill or panini press over medium high heat. Put sandwich on grill (buttered sides out). Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until bread is well toasted. Flip and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until bread is toasted and cheese has melted. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!