- Apple Pear Compote
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
- 2 medium pears, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Apples, pears and pumpkin....perfect fall flavours combined in delicious pancakes and topping.
For the Compote: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until fruit is tender. Keep warm.
For the Pancakes: Combine flours, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
Combine milk, egg, pumpkin, oil, lemon juice and vanilla in a separate bowl. Beat with a whisk until smooth. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just blended. Do not overbeat.
Heat large, nonstick skillet or griddle on medium high heat. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Portion approximately 1/4 cup batter on skillet, repeat to fill skillet. Cook pancake until bottom is brown and top has bubbles; about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and continue cooking until bottom is browned.
Continue cooking pancakes until all batter has been used. Serve immediately with Warm Apple Compote.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!