- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider OR juice
- 1 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
A great fall breakfast.
For Pancakes: Combine flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Combine milk, egg, pumpkin, oil, lemon juice and vanilla in a separate bowl. Beat with a whisk until smooth. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Do not overbeat.
Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium high heat, adding a small amount of oil. Portion approximately 1/4 cup of batter on griddle, repeating to fill griddle. Cook pancake until bottom is brown and top has bubbles, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and continue cooking until bottom is browned. Serve immediately with Hot Apple Cider Syrup.
For Apple Cider Syrup: Combine cider and corn syrup in a small saucepan on high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook about 15 minutes until mixture has a syrupy consistency. Add butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Keep warm and serve over pumpkin pancakes.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!