- Olive Salad
- 1 jar (16-ounce) giardiniera, drained and chopped, if necessary
- 1 can (6-ounce) halved, pitted olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Muffuletta Bread
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole white sesame seed
- 1 pound (500 g) assorted sliced deli meats (salami, ham and/or mortadella)
- 8 ounces sliced provolone OR mozzarella cheese
The origins of this delicious sandwich go back to Italian immigrants in New Orleans. You can recreate an authentic version starting with fresh, homemade bread. Muffulettas make great hearty party food, plus you can prep everything the day before.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!