- Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Mazola® RightBlend® Oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- Mango Avocado and Black Bean Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 large ripe avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 large mangoes, seeded, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped jicama, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
A colourful and refreshing Latin inspired salad with healthful mangoes and black beans accented with an easy citrus based vinaigrette.
For the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; puree for 10 to 20 seconds or until mixture is well blended.
For the salad, divide torn lettuce leaves equally onto serving plates. Top lettuce with avocado, mango, onion and jicama. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Pour remaining vinaigrette into serving container or reserve for later use. Garnish salads with cilantro.
Serving suggestion: Add cooked shrimp for a delicious main dish salad.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!