- 1 pound extra-lean ground pork
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed whole cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1 Sobrecitos™ chicken flavor bouillon packets
- OR 2 teaspoons Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
To make chorizo: place all ingredients, except oil, in food processor; pulse until incorporated.
To cook: place 1 tablespoon of oil in sauté pan. Add chorizo mixture, cook over medium high breaking up pieces with a wooden spatula. Cook for 15 minutes until pork is browned.
Tip: Traditionally chorizo is piped into pork casing.
Chorizo is great with eggs, in beans, with cheese and anything else you want to spice up with a Mexican flair.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!