- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 12 ounces beef stir-fry strips OR sirloin OR flank steak, cut in thin strips
- 3 tablespoons minced OR grated ginger root OR 1 tablespoon (15 mL) ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick
- 3 cups celery, 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices
- 3 large green onions, halves crosswise and shredded in long strips (optional)
- Sauce Mixture
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 packets instant beef bouillon
The key to a good stir fry is very thinly sliced vegetables and meat, and lots of complex flavors.
Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat; swirl 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil around the pan.
Add beef, ginger and garlic; stir-fry just until pink on the surface disappears; remove.
Add remaining remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil to pan; stir-fry carrots 1 minute; add 1/4 cup (50 mL) water. Cover and steam 2 to 3 minutes or until color brightens.
Add celery and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until color brightens; push ingredients to outside of pan.
Stir sauce mixture and pour into middle of pan; add beef. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute until thickened.
Stir in green onion, optional.
Serve over cooked rice.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!