- 3-1/2 pounds fresh orange-fleshed sweet potatoes (medium sized)
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Honey Parmesan Dressing
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil in an 8-quart saucepan. Add sweet potatoes (unpeeled); return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, just until fork tender. Do not overcook. Remove potatoes from water, let sit until cool enough to handle.
Peel, halve lengthwise, and slice potatoes 1/4-inch thick. Combine with onion, bell pepper, celery and bacon. Toss with Honey Parmesan Dressing.
Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Toss before serving.
To make Honey Parmesan Dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in jar with tight fitting lid. Cover and shake well.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!