- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fajita Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 2 red or green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced
- Warmed flour tortillas, prepared salsa and sour cream (optional)
Make your own tasty fajita seasoning for this entreé salad.
Combine seasoning ingredients in medium bowl. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook and stir bell peppers and red onion 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until center is no longer pink. Remove from heat; drizzle with vinegar and toss to coat.
Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and avocado on individual plates; top with chicken mixture. Serve with tortillas, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!