- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups boiling chicken OR vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mango (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews OR peanuts
- Orange Dressing
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Diverse flavours combine to make a great salad.
Combine couscous, cranberries, peas and curry powder in a large serving bowl. Pour boiling chicken broth over couscous mixture; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; cool. Stir in garbanzo beans, mango, green onion, basil and mint.
Make ORANGE DRESSING: Combine orange juice, oil, garlic, orange rind, and black pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake well.
Toss salad with dressing. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Serve salad topped with chopped cashews.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!