- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked multigrain hot cereal
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 cups very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
All the great flavours of carrot cake in easy to make pancakes.
Combine flours, cereal, brown sugar, undissolved yeast, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in milk, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Mix in carrots, raisins and walnuts. Cover; let rise in a warm draft-free place for 1 hour until doubled. OR, cover, and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Stir down batter. Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle or skillet. Cook until edges of pancakes appear dry and small bubbles form on surface. Turn; cook on other side until golden brown.
Serve warm with Buttery Cinnamon Syrup.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!