- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 12 ounces lean ground pork
- 2 slices lean bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3 to 4 cups Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 pound Napa cabbage, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
Complexly flavored meatballs and vegetables are a delicious Asian entree.
Combine broth, sherry, and light and dark soy sauces in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine pork, bacon, egg, cilantro, ginger, sherry, soy sauce and the 1/4 cup corn starch in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions. Roll each into a ball.
Heat oil in a wok or large deep skillet to 375°F. Cook meatballs in batches for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Lift out and drain on paper towels.
Transfer meatballs to a large pot. Pour sauce over meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add mushrooms, cabbage and carrot; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Add snow peas, cover, and simmer for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Combine the 1 tablespoon corn starch with 1/4 cup cold water and stir until smooth. Add to meatballs; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!