- Candied Pecans
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 10 ounces chilled, fresh baby salad greens such as spinach, arugala and romaine
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Add grilled chicken to make this tasty salad become the center of the plate!
Heat pecans in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until warmed and fragrant (2 to 3 minutes). In a separate nonstick skillet, heat sugar and water over medium heat until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in pecans; spread onto a sheet of aluminum foil to cool.
For the dressing, combine vinegar, garlic, mustard, brown sugar, herb seasoning, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl stirring to combine. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in Parmesan cheese if desired and serve over chilled salad greens. Can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Arrange salad greens on a large serving plate or bowl. Top with candied pecans, crumbled cheese and dried cranberries. Serve immediately with dressing.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!