- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine
- 2 pounds top round OR sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1 whole bay leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup Burgundy OR other dry red wine
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 6 green onions, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons parsley
Hearty and delicious.
Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan. Add steak; sprinkle with celery salt. Cook beef 10 to 12 minutes, until browned on both sides.
Add thyme, bay leaf, tomato sauce and Burgundy. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add carrots and mushrooms; cover. Simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots and meat are tender. Add green onion. Whisk together corn starch and water in a small bowl. Stir into ragout and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Recipe tip: Substitute leeks, artichokes, turnips, small potatoes, peas or green beans for the carrots or mushrooms.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!