- Brownie Layer
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Scotcheroo Layer
- 2/3 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
The perfect mash-up of a brownie and Scotcheroo!
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
To make Brownies: Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, vanilla and salt; blend thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate. Fold in flour.
Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of pan comes out clean. Cool while making Scotcheroo layer.
To make Scotcheroo Layer: Cook syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
Dollop small spoonfuls over brownies. Use a narrow spatula sprayed with cooking spray to gently spread over brownies and smooth top.
Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over Scotcheroo layer. Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!