- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Whipped cream, optional
No crust? No problem! This pie works fine without it!
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine corn syrup, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add chocolate and butter to syrup mixture, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool.
Slowly pour chocolate mixture over eggs, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pecans; mix well. Pour mixture into pie crust.
Bake for about 50 minutes, until center of pie is slightly puffed; cool. If desired, top with whipped cream.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!