- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Crown® Golden or Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour OR all-purpose gluten-free flour
- Brownie Brittle Topping Options - each makes enough for 1 recipe (2 pans):
- Toffee Pecan
- 1 cup toffee OR brittle bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Candy & Nut
- 1 cup miniature candy coated chocolate candies
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Triple Nut & Chocolate
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts and almonds, mixed (about 1/3 cup each)
Get creative with all your favourite nuts, baking chips and candies to top this addictive brittle!
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats. (This is essential in order to remove the thin brittle from the pans.)
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, vanilla and salt; blend thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate. Fold in flour.
Divide dough evenly between the 2 prepared pans. Thinly and evenly spread batter into a 15 x10-inch rectangle on each pan. Sprinkle with desired topping. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, switching between racks and rotating pans at least once, until edges are brown and brownies look dry. Watch carefully the last few minutes as the brownie brittle can overbake quickly. Remove pans from oven. Transfer bark on parchment from pans and cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Break into pieces.
Recipe Note: For evenly shaped brittle, remove from and let cool 1 minute. Use a sharp knife to score into 2-inch pieces. Cool completely and then break into pieces.
Tip: For more colorful bark, hold back 1/3 of the mini candies and sprinkle on brownie bark after 10 minutes of baking.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!