- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whipped topping OR whipped cream
This deluxe pecan pie has chocolate added to the traditional pecan pie filling, and is then topped with cherry pie filling and whipped cream! Cut the pieces smaller than usual, as this pie is rich!
Combine corn syrup, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add chocolate and butter to syrup mixture, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Pour chocolate mixture slowly over eggs, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pecans; mix well. Place pie crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan (for stability). Pour mixture into crust.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 50 minutes, until center of pie is slightly puffed; cool at least 1 hour. To serve, top each slice of pie with about 1/4 cup cherry pie filling and a dollop of whipped topping.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!