- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Sweetened whipped cream OR whipped topping
- 1 can (19 to 21 fl oz) cherry pie filling
Cherries plus chocolate add up to a luscious dessert treat.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add corn syrup and vanilla. Beat in eggs and chocolate.
Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into butter mixture. Fold in walnuts, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish. Spread batter in a greased and floured 8 OR 9-inch round cake pan.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
Spoon whipped cream around edge of cake. Fill center with pie filling. Garnish with remaining walnuts.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!