- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup shredded colby Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Eat this loaded tortilla as a snack or make it a meal with milk and fruit.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and bay leaf; cook 3 minutes. Add garlic, black beans, tomatoes and chili powder; cook 5 minutes. Mash beans and tomatoes with a fork until they have a slightly chunky consistency. Remove from heat.
Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Brush each tortilla with approximately 1/2 teaspoon corn oil, coating both sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Divide bean mixture evenly and spread on tortillas. Top with cheese. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cut into wedges to serve.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!