- 1-1/2 teaspoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound/500 g extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Not your mother's meatloaf, this meatloaf has great southwestern flavours and a healthy nutritional profile.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion and corn; sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
Add black beans to large mixing bowl; mash slightly with potato masher or fork. Stir in oats, egg, mayonnaise, cilantro, chili and chipotle powders,ground cumin and salt. Stir in vegetables. Break up ground turkey and thoroughly mix in (hands work best here!). Place mixture in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
Combine sour cream, cheddar cheese, cilantro and chili powder in a small bowl. Spread over the top of baked loaf and return pan to the oven. Continue baking an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!