- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound/500 g beef stew meat
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomato
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 4 to 5 cups water
Nothing better than a steaming bowl of soup on a cold day!
Heat oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add meat and sprinkle with garlic, black pepper and salt. Brown meat on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add onions, celery and carrots; cook for additonal 7 to 10 minutes to soften vegetables. Add tomatoes, potatoes, bay leaves and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or until potaoes are tender.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!