- 3/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup beer OR water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Approximately 1 quart Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups fresh okra, trimmed
A flavourful batter makes this recipe special.
Combine corn starch, flour, baking powder, garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add beer (or water) and egg; stir until mixture is smooth.
Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in a deep pot over medium heat to 375°F.
Dip okra into batter, stirring batter occasionally. Fry a few pieces at a time, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!