- 1 top round roast OR arm roast (3 pounds/1.5 kg)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 can (12 ounces ) beer OR beef broth
- 2 cups prepared barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns OR sandwich rolls
Great for a crowd!
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook until browned on all sides. Add beer, 1 cup barbecue sauce, onion, garlic, cloves and chipotle chile; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
Remove meat from pot; shred with two forks. Strain and reserve 2 cups liquid.*
Return meat to pan; add reserved liquid and remaining 1 cup barbecue sauce. Cook over low heat until heated through. Serve on sandwich buns.
*TIP: To make ahead, refrigerate meat and liquid separately and then skim fat from juices before reheating.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!