- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces cooked bacon, chopped (about 8 slices)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
The bacon lover's pizza!
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
Top crust with Alfredo sauce, half of diced bacon and half of spinach. Sprinkle on cheeses. Top with remaining bacon, spinach and tomatoes.
Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!