- Asian Coleslaw
- 1 bag (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced (lengthwise), snow peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (cut on the diagonal)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in matchstick size strips
- Garnish with peanuts, if desired
- Ginger Soy Dressing
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon whole white sesame seed
Colourful and delicious, this salad is the perfect side dish to go with Chinese BBQ ribs or grilled teriyaki kabobs.
Combine Asian Coleslaw ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
For the dressing, whisk rice vinegar with soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a medium size bowl. Continue to whisk and gradually drizzle in oil. Pour dressing over coleslaw and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Garnish with additional minced green onion, fresh minced cilantro and chopped honey roasted peanuts,if desired.
For a special presentation, top this beautiful salad with quick-fried rice noodles:
Break 2 ounces of thin rice noodles into 2 batches. Place a double layer of paper towels on a plate. Heat 1-inch of canola oil in a large saucepan to 350°F. Add one batch of the noodles to the hot oil and cook until they puff up and whiten, about 5 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the paper towels to drain. Repeat for the remaining noodles.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!