- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth OR water
- 4 cups arugula OR fresh spinach
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half (for best color, use half red and half yellow tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint OR fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Black pepper, optional
This main dish salad is colourful and delicious! Perfect for summer!
Heat quinoa and broth to a boil in a covered, medium saucepan. Simmer over low heat about 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Drain any excess liquid; cool.
Place quinoa, arugula, tomatoes, mint and cheese in a large serving bowl.
Mix oil, lemon juice and garlic together in small bowl; pour over quinoa mixture. Gently mix. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired; serve immediately.
Note: Quinoa may be cooked and refrigerated ahead of time, if desired.
Recipe provided by Rose Reisman.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!