- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- GLAZE: (optional)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
Try for breakfast. Top with powdered sugar instead of glaze.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
Whisk sugar, buttermilk, egg, egg white, corn syrup, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth. Fold in apples. Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
For GLAZE: Combine powdered sugar and milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake, if desired.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!