- Pastry for 9-inch 2-crust pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds tart baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
A classic double crust apple pie!
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Roll half of pastry into 12-inch circle; use to line 9-inch
Combine sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add apples and lemon juice; toss to coat. Spoon into pie crust.
Roll remaining pastry to 12-inch circle; fit loosely over
filling. Trim overhang to 1-inch. Fold edges under; flute
edge. Cut several 1/4-inch wide vents in top crust for steam to
Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until fruit is tender and juices
that bubble up in center are clear and shiny. If edges begin to
overbrown, cover with strips of foil. Cool on wire rack.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!