- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 3/4 cup warm buttermilk (100° to 110°F)
Baking powder plus yeast make these extra light biscuits. Heavenly!
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside. Place warm water in warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add yeast mixture and warm buttermilk to flour mixture; blend well. Remove dough to floured surface. Knead dough 10 to 15 times; form into ball.
Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-1/2-inch circles. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
Bake at 400oF for 15 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; serve warm.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!