- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 1-1/2 cups milk (do not use skim milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
Moist & delicious!
Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans (or four 7½ x 3¾-inch loaf pans). Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds in large mixing bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and oil.
Add oil mixture to dry ingredients. Blend at medium-high speed for 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until loaves are light brown in color and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Heat sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract, almond extract and butter to boiling in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour glaze over hot loaves of bread, in pans. Cool completely in pan. Remove from pans; cover loaves and let sit overnight before serving.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!