- 1 medium poblano chile, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds without shells, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan or cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, thinned with 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup water
Blend chile, pumpkin seeds, garlic, pepper, salt, oil, vinegar, cheese, cilantro, mayonnaise and water in a food processor or blender to make a puree. Note: if using as a dip, omit the mayonnaise and water.
Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Makes enough dressing for 2 quarts of lettuce or vegetable salad.
*NOTE: If raw pumpkin seeds are unavailable, roasted pumpkin seeds without shells may be used, but in this case, do not toast.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!