- Taco Salad
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce OR other crisp salad greens
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups diced Roma tomatoes OR quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound (500g) ground beef OR turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cacique Queso Fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend OR cheddar cheese
- Spicy Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Table Cream
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle in adobo sauce (or adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon powdered buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
Beautiful way to serve a taco salad, great for parties or entertaining.
Place lettuce into bottom of clear straight-sided bowl or trifle bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Combine tomatoes, olives, green onions and cilantro in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, if desired and set aside.
Brown meat in a large nonstick skillet for 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in taco seasoning and follow package directions for preparation.
Heat oil in a deep sided sauce pan to about 350°F or until a small strip of tortilla sizzles when dipped into the oil. Heat tortilla wedges in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain, sprinkle with salt, if desired.
To assemble the salad layers:
1- Remove chilled trifle bowl with lettuce from the refrigerator.
2-Top with taco meat in an even layer.
3- Pour corn in an even layer over the meat.
4- Pour beans in an even layer over the corn
5- Add a layer of the tomato mixture.
6- Arrange avocado slices in a circle on top of the tomato layer.
7- Mound Queso fresco cheese into the center of the avocado circle.
8- Stick crisp tortilla wedges into the salad center around the cheese.
9- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar and garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
10- Serve immediately with Spicy Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing.
To make Spicy Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately or cover and store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!