- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) dulce de leche OR caramel topping
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
Find dulce de leche in the Hispanic section of most large grocery stores.
MIX batter ingredients together in pre-sprayed 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
TOP batter with dollops of dulce de leche. Sprinkle with chocolate, brown sugar and walnuts. Cut butter into small bits and scatter on top of walnuts.
BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
If desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.
To toast walnuts, place in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes. Watch closely to prevent burning.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!