- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, frozen OR canned, drained
- Chili Filling
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup diced onion, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 package original chili seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican style cheese
Two fall favourites combined into one dish.
Mix corn bread batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8 X 8-inch baking dish. Add remaining chili mixture ingredients to browned hamburger in a large skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 10 minutes, until mixture simmers.
Top batter evenly with chili filling. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350º F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!