- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup masa corn flour OR corn meal
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 egg
- Chicken Filling
- 1-1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) salsa verde (tomatillo salsa)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican style cheese
Serve 6 folks who will happily shout "ole" when they taste the baked dough that surrounds the tasty ingredients.
Mix batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8 X 8-inch baking dish. Combine chicken filling ingredients in a bowl.
Top batter evenly with chicken filling. Pour salsa verde over chicken; sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese
Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350ºF. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!