- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons spicy chicken seasoning*
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon OR lime juice
- As needed grill spray
- Mango Pepper Salsa
- 2 cups diced fresh mango, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon OR lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spicy grilled chicken with fresh colorful salsa is perfect for any summer cookout.
Preheat grill to medium heat, or between 350º to 450°F.
Trim excess fat from chicken, rinse and pat dry using paper towels. If necessary, pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch thickness using a mallet, rolling pin or cast iron skillet (this will ensure the chicken cooks evenly). Place chicken into a 1-gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add seasoning, oil and lemon juice to the bag. Seal bag and turn to thoroughly coat chicken.
Coat grill surface with grill spray to prevent sticking.
Grill chicken over Direct High heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through. Transfer cooked chicken to a serving plate.
Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl; stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 8 hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.)
Top grilled chicken with mango salsa and serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: Try slicing the chicken onto warm, low-fat tortillas, top with mango salsa and crumbled queso fresco cheese for delicious spicy chicken wraps.
* If you can't find a spicy chicken seasoning, simply add a dash of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to your favourite chicken seasoning.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!