- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 quart chicken OR vegetable broth (about)
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn, Canola OR Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
The key to a creamy risotto is to add the broth in small amounts!
Place bell peppers, cut side down, on baking sheet lined with foil. Flatten with palm of hand. Broil 3 inches away from heat until blackened. Remove from oven. Wrap peppers in the foil; let stand 10 minutes to loosen skin. Peel off skin; chop peppers and set aside.
Heat chicken broth in a medium saucepan over low heat; simmer, don’t boil.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until completely cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Return skillet to heat and reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until wine is absorbed, stirring constantly. Add a ladleful of broth, stirring frequently, adding more as broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth and cooking, stirring frequently, until rice is al dente, 20 to 25 minutes (add a little hot water if necessary). Stir in chicken and roasted bell peppers; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and basil; season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Get Recipes Delivered!
Every month we deliver delicious recipes into your inbox for divine inspiration!